Tuesday, July 6, 2010

LiFe after SPM







LoL. my life after SPM = rocky road.
I love chemistry kononnya when i was young
and i tell my mum that i want to be a pharmacist.

I was emo everyday after SPM result was released.
I've no idea where should i study. what do i want. and stuff.
''Di mana ada education fair, di situ ada saya''
I applied for matrix. but failed.


But i got stpm science stream offer.
I was thinking.... to accept or not.
Dilemma... and i was taking my driving licence in Sarawak that time.
My offer was in KK.
So, i decided to give up STPM.
Then i ever think of taking Cambridge A level in Miri.
During an education fair...
i know about this program... called International Canadian Pre-U (ICPU)
This is what the counselor told me.
''ICPU is very EASY. 70% on course work, 30% final exam.. as long as u do your assignments and homeworks, then even u don't attend ur final exam, u can manage to pass''
and i was cheated
Who dont love right? FINAL ExAM only 30%. sounds so EASY!

And i tell my parents that i want to enroll for this program.
Surprisingly they agreed.
Tuition fees in Taylors College is NOT CHEAP honestly.

and i started my life as a pre-u student in taylors.
My first semester in Taylors = SUCKS.
Photo taken from ICPU Lecturer's blog
I took physics, chemistry, calculus, malaysian studies + moral Studies + English 4C
I am just a below average student.
I really thought that AS LONG AS I DO MY HOMEWORK I CAN MANAGE TO PASS!
But no.... i pity my poor english.
Reading my physics text book. i need to flip my dictionary for 'n-times'
And the most KASIHAN thing is... i don't even know what is SLOPE that time.
T_______T

And the coursework is not coursework.
coursework = weekly test, unit test, presentation, labs, ISU
ISU = Independent Study Unit.
U Imagine. Organic Chemistry. The Lecturer x teach in Class. But u NEED to study yourself.
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY IS NOT EASY!
And i did not survive in my first semester.
I failed my Calculus. And Physics and chemistry in border line.

BUT I ENJOY MY LIFE!
I MET NEW FRIENDS! AND THEY ARE GREAT!

Second semester.I took Biology, Calculus, International Business and Accounting.
I manage to survive a better result.
manage to get 70+ for each.
and know what, we need to pass ENGLISH 4C and either Ontario Secondary Literacy Test (OSSLT) or OLC4O to graduate. with 6 subjects.

They will throw all those who get A for ENGLISH in SPM to ENG4C.
and pass OSSLT, then graduate.
Yea, i got A for english in spm.
BUT I DON'T MANAGE TO PASS MY OSSLT EXAM!
FML! means that i cannot graduate.
I need to take OLC4O!
and i spent another semester in taylors.
1.5 years in taylors, i manage to graduate with an average of 70+.

AGAIN! I Don't know where to continue.... I wanted to take BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE, or BIOTECHNOLOGY, or PSYCHOLOGY since i gave up Pharmacy. LoL.
But my parents don't allowed me to study in KL anymore.
no choice. i applied CURTIN SARAWAK for Chemical Engineering.
IMAGINE! my math and physics sucks. i failed my calculus, and i get only 50+ in physics during ICPU. how to survive? and i really hate those calculation stuff.

and yea. 4 units. engineering mathematics, engineering mechanics, engineering materials and engineering foundation: principle and communication.
Thanks god. I manage to failed 2 units.

i decided to withdraw. and wanted to change to business stream. or psychology.
when i went to campus, ''feeling of withdrawing''.... i met a friend.
same case with me... he told me about GEOLOGY.
and asked me to look for counselor.

So, i met curtin counselor. I tell her my case.
She INTRO GEOLOGY to me.
according to her, GEOLOGY IS NOT HARD.
no more calculation. simple science.
AGAIN! i was cheated. LOL.
I tell my sis about geology. she said can earn a lot...
in 2 days time. i decided to enrolled GEOLOGY! T_T
i am madly in love with my uni campus now.
i've completed 4 semester for this course.
all i can say is... NOT EASY... but u will madly in love with it.
u will feel proud to tell others that you're a geology student.

u feel so ehem when u watch 2012.
dealing with rocks is FUN.

dealing with PETROLOGY microscope is FUN!
U will feel proud when other course microscope cannot rotate but urs can rotate. hahahah.

dealing with outcrops = sucks.

dealing with minerals = nice. cz they are pretty and beautiful!
dealing with fossils = expensive! hahaha.

coursemates are great! lecturers are nice and friendly.
fieldtrips are fun. although my sunburn not completely recover yet.

GEOLOGY IS NOT HARD if YOU'RE PRO IN MEMORIZING!
and i will not U-turn anymore. I don't wanna change course anymore.
Bless me. GEOLOGY = interesting!

BYE.

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

yeah.. i enjoyed my uni life with friends as well =)